Chicago Bears vs Dallas Cowboys Sun. Sept. 19th 1pm EST
The Dallas Cowboys got a huge wakeup call in Week 1 when they fell at the hands of Donovan McNabb and the Washington Redskins in an NFC East division showdown 13-7, but in Week 2 they will be looking to bounce against the Chicago Bears.
The odds on this match-up show the Cowboys at -8.5 by leading online sportsbooks, but that may go down a bit by this weekend.
Even though the Chicago Bears aren’t exactly considered to be a major threat in the NFC Conference this season, they played pretty well in their win over the Detroit Lions as quarterback Jay Cutler got back to form with 372 passing yards, two touchdowns and just one interception.
The biggest surprise in this NFC North battle was Bears running back Matt Forte who finished 151 receiving yards and 50 rushing yards with two touchdown catches. This was a big boost for the Chicago Bears as Forte struggled all year long last season and it seems that when the star running back gets going so does Jay Cutler.
Unfortunately, even though it is just Week 2, this will be a must win situation for the Dallas Cowboys as the pressure will be on from here on out as the rumors about the job security of head coach Wade Phillips will be heating up once again.
Even though I believe this game could turn out to be a barn burner with quarterbacks Tony Romo and Jay Cutler going back and forth all day long, in the end the Dallas Cowboys will be the team to come out on top if their offensive line can protect Romo in the pocket from the likes of linebacker Brian Urlacher and defensive end Julius Peppers.
So despite this game possibly being a high scoring affair, the Dallas Cowboys will be looking to get back to form as jobs will be depending on it. For the best in NFL football betting, trust Bodog, a leader in online sports wagers.
- NFL Week 4: Chicago Bears @ Dallas Cowboys
- Chicago Bears Finally Agree to Terms with Matt Forte on Four-Year Deal
- Michael Bush signs with the Chicago Bears
- DeMarco Murray has become the starting running back for the Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Week 6: Dallas Cowboys vs Minnesota Vikings Sportsbook odds and predictions
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...