San Diego Chargers @ Detroit Lions Sat. Dec. 24, 2011 4:05 p.m. EST
The San Diego Chargers came into this NFL regular season with high hopes of reclaiming the top spot in the AFC West division and making a deep run in the playoffs. With a Super Bowl title run in their crosshairs, Philip Rivers and company were thought to be one of the best teams in the AFC Conference once again, but that hasn’t turned out to be the case as the Chargers have struggled all season long to get back to form.
Fortunately, San Diego has been able to get back on track as of late with three straight wins and some promising play on the offensive side of the football. With this current winning streak, the Chargers have gotten back to a .500 record at 7-7, but they will have their work cut out for them headed into Week 16 against the up-and-coming Detroit Lions.
With a playoff spot on the line for both of these teams, this matchup will be a must-win situation for both the Chargers and the Lions. Matthew Stafford and company have the edge in this game in my opinion with a potent offense and a much improved defense. Now the Lions have won two straight, Detroit has also gotten hot in the last few weeks of the season and might very well be headed towards clinching a playoff spot via the NFC Wild Card.
As of right now, the Detroit Lions are the favorites to come out on top in this Christmas Eve showdown with a -3 point spread. Even though the San Diego Chargers have gotten back to form as of late, I believe the Lions get the win here while covering the spread.
- Detroit Lions clinch first playoff berth since 1999
- NFL Week 4: Detroit Lions vs Green Bay Packers sportsbooks odds and predictions
- NFL Week 11: Carolina Panthers @ Detroit Lions
- NFL Week 16: San Diego Chargers an 8 point favorite vs the Cincinnati Bengals
- NFL Week 11: Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...