Philadelphia Eagles @ Seattle Seahawks Thurs. Dec. 1, 2011 8:20 p.m. EST
Superstar quarterback Michael Vick of the Philadelphia Eagles has officially been ruled out of this Thursday night football game against the Seattle Seahawks as he is still recovering from a rib injury. This will be the third straight game that Vick has missed after suffering the rib injury in the loss to the Arizona Cardinals (21-17) in Week 10.
With Michael Vick on the sidelines with ailing ribs once again, head coach Andy Reid will turn to backup quarterback Vince Young. Even though Young threw for 400 yards last week in the loss to the New England Patriots (38-20), the one-time BCS champion didn’t make that much of an impact on the scoreboard with just one passing touchdown. Young may have only thrown one interception against New England, but the Patriots pass defense is the worst in the league this season and that just makes the Eagles current starting quarterback look mediocre at best.
Despite three losses in the last four games, the Philadelphia Eagles have a perfect opportunity to bounce back in Week 13 as they will go head-to-head against the lowly Seattle Seahawks. The Eagles will be on the road in this contest, but it would hard to argue that they aren’t the better all-around team coming into this matchup even with all their injuries.
As of right now, the Philadelphia Eagles are favored to get the win on Thursday night in Seattle with a -3 point spread. The Seahawks might be able to pull off the slight upset here as their running game has really started to come on strong with Marshawn Lynch leading the way, but Philly should get the win and cover.
- NFL Week 12: New England Patriots @ Philadelphia Eagles
- Michael Vick signs $100 million dollar contract extension with Philadelphia Eagles
- Philadelphia Eagles hope Michael Vick will be ready for Week 3
- NFL Week 7: Philadelphia Eagles vs Tennessee Titans Sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 2: Baltimore Ravens vs Philadelphia Eagles
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...