New York Jets @ Denver Broncos Thurs. Nov. 17, 2011 8:20 p.m. EST
The New York Jets and the Denver Broncos didn’t have much time to recover from Week 10 as these two teams will go head-to-head in Week 11 on Thursday night football in the Mile High City.
This is an interesting matchup for many reasons, but perhaps the most interesting is the Broncos’ Tim Tebow going up against the lockdown defense of the Jets. With Tebow completing just two of eight passes last week in the win over the Kansas City Chiefs (17-10), the Broncos used an offense strictly based on the run game and surprisingly enough it worked like a charm.
Even though head coach John Fox would love to have a potent offense through the air and see Tim Tebow turn into the kind of quarterback that is a multiple threat, it appears that the Denver Broncos are content trying this new style of offense. Whether or not it continues to work remains to be seen, but so far, so good for the Broncos as Denver has won three out of the last four games with Tebow under center.
This week will be without a doubt the toughest test for Tim Tebow as he will have to go up against a defense that can defend the pass and the run with great efficiency. Ironically enough, the Jets will be the team with their backs against the wall in Week 11 as they are coming off a devastating loss to arch division rival New England Patriots and are in desperate need of a win to get back on track.
As of right now, the New York Jets are favored to come out on top in this Week 11 showdown with a -7 point spread. Even though the Jets are arguably the better all-around team, I believe the Broncos might get able give Mark Sanchez and company a run for their money.
- Tim Tebow gets fourth win as starter with victory over the New York Jets
- NFL Week 6: New York Jets vs Denver Broncos Sportsbook Odds and Predictions
- NFL Week 17: Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos
- NFL Week 15: New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos Brady vs Tebow
- New England Patriots snap Tim Tebow’s Denver Broncos six-game winning streak
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...