As arguably one of the most troubled franchises in the NFL, the Jacksonville Jaguars can’t seem to get back on track. Even with the recent high draft picks in Blaine Gabbert and Justin Blackmon, Jacksonville remains a perennial bottom feeder in the AFC Conference will little hope of changing that heading into the upcoming NFL regular season.
The one topic of discussion that continues to come up about the Jaguars moving forward is the situation with Pro Bowl running back Maurice Jones-Drew. With Jones-Drew looking to renegotiate his contract like many other high-profile backs have done recently, the team has refused to work with him as he continues to holdout without coming to terms with the team that drafted him.
The situation with Jones-Drew has seemingly gotten progressively worse with the team still failing to reach a deal with the one of the best backs in the league. As a result of the ugly situation, Jones-Drew appears to be open to a trade. This stance by Jones-Drew has sent shockwaves throughout the NFL with team in need of a back of his caliber paying close attention to the situation.
Even though it appears that Jones-Drew is ready to cut ties with the Jaguars, Jacksonville apparently has no plans to trade arguably their best player.
Despite the fact that the team has openly denied that Jones-Drew is potentially on the trading block in Jacksonville, the Jaguars might not be able to turn down the right offer. A few names have created some speculation of a potential trade like Tim Tebow of the New York Jets and a possible deal with the Denver Broncos, but nothing appears to be in the works that is visible to the media.
Regardless of the team’s stance, something must be done sooner rather than later to avoid a holdout before the start of the upcoming season.
- Jaguars’ Maurice Jones Drew Open to Trade
- NFL Trade Rumors: Jacksonville Jaguars Maurice Jones-Drew for New York Jets Tim Tebow
- NFL Week 15: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Indianapolis Colts sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 14: Oakland Raiders vs Jacksonville Jaguars Sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 7: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Kansas City Chiefs Sportsbook odds and predictions
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...