San Diego Chargers at Dallas Cowboys Sun. Aug. 21, 2011 8 p.m. EST
As arguably two of the most talented teams in the NFL, the San Diego Chargers and the Dallas Cowboys will have Super Bowl aspirations coming into the NFL regular season. With two Pro Bowl caliber quarterbacks in Philip Rivers and Tony Romo, the Chargers and the Cowboys have the right leadership under center and this might be the season that both teams go the distance.
With that being said, this NFL preseason game between San Diego and Dallas could be a potential Super Bowl preview. Obviously, it is way too soon to start speculating about the Super Bowl in February, but it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility to see these two talented teams going head-to-head at season’s end.
In the meantime, the San Diego Chargers and the Dallas Cowboys are set to square off this Sunday night at Cowboys Stadium in Week 2 of the NFL preseason.
Things to watch for in this preseason matchup is the running game of the San Diego Chargers and the passing game of the Dallas Cowboys. With Darren Sproles leaving town via free agency, the Chargers will be leaning heavily on second-year running back Ryan Matthews in the ground game. Matthews didn’t have the best rookie season due to injury, but head coach Norv Turner has a lot of faith in the young kid out of Fresno State.
As for the Dallas Cowboys, the passing game is their bread and butter. With arguably the best tight end in the game in Jason Witten, quarterback Tony Romo always has a dependable target, but now he has Pro Bowler Miles Austin and promising youngster Dez Bryant added to his arsenal. Austin has been a solid option for Romo, but everyone believes that Bryant will be the next big things in Big D.
Whether or not Dez Bryant can put his immaturity aside and become one of the best wide receivers in the game remains to be seen, but keep your eye on him in this game as the Cowboys might look to go to him early and often.
- Dallas Cowboys Dez Bryant May Miss Rest of Season With Finger Injury
- Cowboys’ Miles Austin and Tony Romo banged up after win over 49ers
- NFL Week 6: Romo and the Dallas Cowboys battle Brady and the New England Patriots
- Dallas Cowboys’ Miles Austin sidelined until week 1 of NFL Season
- Cowboys’ Mile Austin in danger of missing fourth straight game
Leave a Reply
- Brooklyn Nets Show Interest in Acquiring Kevin Garnett
- Aaron Hernandez Charged with First Degree Murder of Odin Lloyd
- Los Angeles Clippers Officially Acquire Doc Rivers
- Boston Celtics Ready to Make Sign-and-Trade for Josh Smith
- Six-Time NBA Champion Scottie Pippen Arrested for Felony Assault
- Denver Nuggets Hire Brian Shaw to Become New Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Believes Chris Paul, Dwight Howard Aren’t Going Anywhere
- New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez ‘Likely’ to be Arrested
- Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Deal Off the Table Once Again
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...