#1 San Francisco 49ers (2-0)
As if the win over the Green Bay Packers in the season-opener at Lambeau Field wasn’t impressive enough, Alex Smith and followed up with another big win over the Detroit Lions in Week 2.
With arguably the best defense in the NFL and an offense that has yet to show any signs of weakness, the 49ers could very well be the team to beat in the league this season. Consistency on the offensive side of the football will be crucial as everyone will be waiting for the offense to unravel.
#2 Houston Texans (2-0)
Now that Peyton Manning is no longer in the AFC South and the toughest competition within the division is a team led by a rookie quarterback, the Texans will have their easiest path to a division title in franchise history.
With that being said, as long as the team can stay healthy, Houston will be back in the playoffs for a second consecutive season.
#3 Atlanta Falcons (2-0)
After taking down the Denver Broncos on Monday night, Matt Ryan and company proved they’re the real deal this season and ready to prove that the Falcons are legitimate Super Bowl title contenders moving forward.
The defense showed vast improvement by picking off Manning three times, but consistency will be a major factor in the weeks to come.
#4 Green Bay Packers (1-1)
The loss to the 49ers right out of the gate was unfortunate for the Packers, but they seem to be right back on track after an impressive win over the arch division rival Chicago Bears.
#5 New England Patriots (1-1)
As arguably the biggest upset of Week 2, the Patriots fell to the Arizona Cardinals in convincing fashion. No one saw this coming and it might be a sign of things to come if Bill Belichick can’t get things turned around in New England.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...