Once the 2012 NFL season officially began, it became clear right out of the gate that the New England Patriots were once again one of the best teams in the AFC Conference. The team appeared to be firing on all cylinders in the Week 1 win over the Tennessee Titans and the rest of the league took notice. Tom Brady didn’t have spectacular numbers, but he really didn’t need to as the team steamrolled the Titans on their first win of the year.
In Week 2, things drastically changed for the Patriots as they failed to reclaim their Week 1 form against the lowly Arizona Cardinals. With the Cardinals being by no means a serious threat to take down the Patriots in New England, no one took them seriously as they were dealing with a quarterback controversy and a team still trying to find its identity.
As a result, the Cardinals were able to pull off the upset of the week by handing the Patriots their first loss. This loss surprised everyone in the league as it became apparent there are some serious flaws in New England.
As if losing to the Cardinals wasn’t bad enough for the Patriots, New England also lost a vital piece to the offensive puzzle in recently re-signed tight end Aaron Hernandez.
Even though Rob Gronkowski is arguably the best tight end on the team and possibly in the NFL, the Patriots have made good use out of Hernandez in the offense. With that being said, seeing him go down will definitely hurt the team moving forward.
Reportedly, Hernandez injured his right ankle in the loss to the Cardinals and is in a walking boot as a result. There’s been no timetable set for his return as he is expected to miss at least the next couple of weeks.
- AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots
- New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez Recover From Shoulder Surgery
- NFL Playoffs: Rob Gronkowski To Miss The Rest Of The Postseason
- Patriots All-Pro Rob Gronkowski May Undergo Fourth Surgery
- New England Patriots Rob Gronkowski To Undergo Back Surgery
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...