Last week’s Monday Night Football matchup between the Denver Broncos and Pittsburgh Steelers was as advertised with arguably two of the best teams in the AFC Conference going head-to-head and neither team willing to go down without a fight.
Ultimately, four-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning was able to lead his new team to victory his debut in the Mile High City with an impressive 31-19 victory over Troy Polamalu and company.
In Week 2, things won’t get any easier for Manning as he will be taking his Broncos on the road to face off against a very good Atlanta Falcons squad. After arguably one of the most impressive performances by a quarterback last week (299 yards, 3 TDs), Matt Ryan appears ready to lead his team to the promise land this season with one of the most potent offenses in the NFL at his disposal.
The ground game wasn’t exactly working as planned for the Falcons in the win over the Kansas City Chiefs last week, but was able to make up for that by getting the job done through the air. Second-year wideout Julio Jones came up big in the season debut with 108 receiving yards and two touchdowns. Jones appears to be a major factor for the Falcons this season as he may become the number one option in the passing offense.
As for the Broncos, Manning will need to be on top of his game in order to lead Denver to a second consecutive win. The Falcons will be as tough or even tougher an opponent in comparison to the Steelers.
Atlanta is currently favored with a -3 point spread. This game will be close, but in the end I believe Manning’s experience will overcome over Ryan’s youth.
Take the Broncos at +3.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...