The Seattle Seahawks are one of the many teams in the NFL next season that will have some drastic changes with some pretty big-names leaving town. The first domino dropped in Seattle when longtime veteran quarterback Matt Hasselback decided that he was not going to return to the Seahawks and would ultimately sign with the Tennessee Titans.
With Hasselback in the fold, the Seahawks needed to find a new gunslinger and may have found a temporary replacement in Brett Favre’s former backup in Tarvaris Jackson from the Minnesota Vikings. There is no question that Jackson isn’t the answer they were looking for under center, but he might have to do for the time being.
Fortunately, the Seattle Seahawks were able to lure in the best free agent from the Minnesota Vikings in Pro Bowl wide receiver Sidney Rice. Even though Rice didn’t play that much last season due to a hip injury, the up-and-coming wideout is amongst the best in the league at his position and would fit in perfectly across from Mike Williams in Seattle.
Reportedly, the Seattle Seahawks signed Sidney Rice to a five-year deal worth about $41 million dollars. This is a well-deserved lucrative contract for the Pro Bowl wide receiver as he should have been rewarded after his first season as Brett Favre’s favorite target in Minnesota.
Whether or not this move makes the Seattle Seahawks a better team remains to be seen because in my opinion this team is in desperate need of an upgrade at the quarterback position. If the Seahawks can get their hands on a quarterback like the recently released Vince Young I believe they have a chance to win the NFC West division once again next season, but if not the signing of Sidney Rice might have been pointless.
- Could Sidney Rice be headed to the Washington Redskins?
- Seattle Seahawks bring in another offensive weapon in tight end Zach Miller
- Seattle Seahawks sign quarterback Matt Flynn to three-year deal
- NFL Week 7: Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers odds and predictions
- Minnesota Vikings sign wide receiver Javon Walker
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...