A few years ago, the consensus around the NFL was that Adrian Peterson was the best running back in the league. There wasn’t much debate about Peterson’s status amongst other backs in the NFL as he had all the tools and had hit his prime.
Unfortunately, Peterson has been bitten by the injury bug due to his style of running. Peterson’s physical style of running the football is starting to weigh heavily on his performance as he can’t seem to stay healthy.
At the end of last season, Peterson played in the final regular season game for the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings had already been knocked out of playoff contention long before the final game, but Peterson was reluctant to sit on the sidelines before heading into the off-season.
That choice to play the final game cost Peterson greatly as he went down with a torn ACL in his left knee. This kind of injury is always a game-changer for running backs as some players never return to form and need of a lot of time to recovery from surgery.
Fortunately for the Vikings, Peterson claims he’s good to go for the season-opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Even though the perennial Pro Bowl running back is apparently ready to take the field for the first game of the season for Minnesota, the Vikings’ coaching staff might not be ready to put him back on the gridiron.
It’s obvious at this point that Peterson is anxious to get on the field and prove that last season’s injury hasn’t derailed his career. Despite Peterson’s enthusiasm to return to the field, the Vikings might feel more comfortable sitting him for Week 1 and trying to get him ready for Week 2 against the Indianapolis Colts.
- NFL Week 13: Buffalo Bills vs Minnesota Vikings odds and predictions
- NFL Week 16: Minnesota Vikings @ Houston Texans
- Minnesota Vikings Will Pursue Trade For Percy Harvin
- Minnesota Vikings’ Adrian Peterson Believes He’ll Be Named NFL MVP
- NFL Week 16: Minnesota Vikings vs Philadelphia Eagles sportsbook odds and predictions
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...