After appearing in the first episode of HBO’s Hard Knocks on Tuesday night, Matt Moore was clearly in the middle of a quarterback controversy with the Miami Dolphins.
Battling with veteran David Garrard and rookie Ryan Tannehill for the starting job was expected by Moore with the Dolphins looking to turn the corner next season, but he’d was also expecting to become the starter once again. Unfortunately, the Dolphins’ coaching staff isn’t leaning in that direction with Garrard the frontrunner to land the job.
After playing better than expected as the starter last season in Miami, Moore was thought to have earned some respect by the coaching staff. With Tony Sparano getting fired and the Dolphins deciding to hire former Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, Moore had to start from scratch once again and earn the right to be the starter in Miami.
So far, Moore hasn’t exactly blown away the competition in this quarterback battle with Garrard and Tannehill. The fact that this battle will be on display during Hard Knocks makes it all the more tougher and public with all eyes on who will come out on top.
There’s no question at this point in time that Tannehill is the future of the franchise with the Dolphins using the eighth overall pick on the former Texas A&M standout. With Tannehill being selected after Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts) and Robert Griffin III (Washington Redskins), the Dolphins have faith in the up-and-coming gunslinger and will almost certainly try to build around him in the coming years.
Obviously, Garrard is a short-term option for the Dolphins at quarterback, but good enough to be the starter for next season and the season after. As of right now, the starting role under center is Garrard’s to lose.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...