Last season was an absolute disaster for perennial Pro Bowler Chad Ochocinco. After being given a chance to be extremely successful as the number one target for future Hall of Famer Tom Brady with the New England Patriots, Ochocinco fell off the NFL map in New England as he became irrelevant as a seldom used wide receiver by Coach Bill Belichick.
Once the Patriots lost to the New York Giants in the Super Bowl, New England cut their ties with Ochocinco which made him a free agent. Despite many teams uncertain about Ochocinco’s skill set moving forward, the outspoken wideout signed a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins.
After seemingly having a fresh start with the Dolphins and a chance to become the number one option in the passing game for Miami, the newly named Chad Johnson was arrested for domestic violence after allegedly head-butting his wife, Evelyn.
Even though Johnson has always been in the news and constantly fined by the NFL for his actions, the controversial wideout hasn’t been a problem off the field in terms of getting in trouble with the law.
Unfortunately for Johnson, this arrest came at the wrong time as he was immediately released by the Dolphins. Miami made it clear with the veteran receiver that he’d be on a short leash with the Dolphins as one incident on or off the field would be grounds for termination.
Obviously, the Dolphins weren’t fooling around as the quickly took action after hearing of the arrest. Now Johnson will become a free agent once again and the debate will continue whether or not any team is willing to take on this controversial veteran all that entails.
There’s no question that there are plenty of teams out there in need of a wide receiver of his caliber. The real question is if those teams are willing to take on the headache that is Chad Johnson.
- Chad Johnson Wants To Return To The NFL With The Houston Texans
- Chad Johnson’s wife of almost two months, Evelyn Lozada, files for divorce
- New England Patriots release six-time Pro Bowler Chad Ochocinco
- New England Patriots keep veteran wideout Chad Ochocinco
- Veteran Wideout Plaxico Burress Tries Out for New England Patriots
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...