There has been no player in the NFL that has gotten more attention or more media coverage this season than the Denver Broncos’ second-year quarterback Tim Tebow. Even though this former Heisman trophy winner wasn’t given much chance to be a starting quarterback in this league and basically written off by NFL analysts, Tim Tebow fever has hit the Mile High City and a lot of Broncos fans have bought into their new hero under center.
Despite having questionable quarterback skills in terms of throwing the football, Tim Tebow has been able to get the job done this season by leading the lowly Denver Broncos to an AFC West division title and a playoff berth as a result. The Broncos may have lost the last three games of the season and haven’t looked good in almost a month, but the consensus is that Tebow and Denver have far exceeded expectations and are the feel-good story of the NFL playoffs.
In the Wild-Card round, the Denver Broncos will be playing at home in front of thousands of Tim Tebow fans, but this up-and-coming NFL team will have arguably the toughest test of any team in the playoffs by going up against the league’s best defense in the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Even though Broncos’ legend John Elway has been one of Tim Tebow’s biggest critics, the two-time Super Bowl champion has softened his stance on the team’s quarterback in the second half of the season with some praise for the Broncos’ savior. This week though, Elway knows that Tebow will be facing one of the toughest defenses in the NFL and has said that his quarterback needs to pull the trigger.
There is no question that the Pittsburgh Steelers will be heavy favorites in this game, but the possibility of Tim Tebow pulling off another miracle is possible.
- John Elway states Broncos QB Tim Tebow is not going anywhere
- Pittsburgh Steelers lose running back Rashard Mendenhall for the season
- Denver Broncos officially make Tim Tebow starting quarterback
- Peyton Manning Makes Denver Broncos Debut at Training Camp
- Tim Tebow believes he can learn from Tom Brady
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...