This NFL offseason has been arguably one of the most active and power shifting in recent memory. With plenty of teams making moves and or getting penalized, the league will look much different next season with some of the drastic changes that have been made.
One of the most talked about moves in the AFC Conference was the Denver Broncos signing four-time NFL MVP quarterback Peyton Manning via free agency and then almost immediately trading face of the franchise in Tim Tebow to the New York Jets. With Tebow completely turning around the struggling franchise last season and winning a playoff game in the process, the consensus was that he’d be in the Mile High city for quite some time, but didn’t turn out to be the case with Manning becoming available.
Now that Tebow has to start over once again in the Big Apple, the Tebow Mania has begun in the biggest media market in this country. Now that Tebow is swarmed by the media with every move, even more so than last season, the third-year quarterback has more pressure on him to succeed than ever before and he might not even see the field in the 2012 season.
Regardless of whether or not Tebow gets under center in New York in the foreseeable future, the popular gunslinger is already getting raving reviews from the most important person on the Jets for his position in new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.
Sparano claims that he has seen an “eye-opening” improvement from the former Florida Gators quarterback which might be bad news for starter Mark Sanchez. Obviously, Sanchez will be the starter come Week 1 and the majority of the season, but he’ll have tremendous pressure to play well right out of the gate with the immensely popular Tebow behind him on the depth chart.
Leave a Reply
- Brooklyn Nets Show Interest in Acquiring Kevin Garnett
- Aaron Hernandez Charged with First Degree Murder of Odin Lloyd
- Los Angeles Clippers Officially Acquire Doc Rivers
- Boston Celtics Ready to Make Sign-and-Trade for Josh Smith
- Six-Time NBA Champion Scottie Pippen Arrested for Felony Assault
- Denver Nuggets Hire Brian Shaw to Become New Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Believes Chris Paul, Dwight Howard Aren’t Going Anywhere
- New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez ‘Likely’ to be Arrested
- Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Clippers Deal Off the Table Once Again
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...