After holding out for 27 days in an effort to force the Jacksonville Jaguars to sign him to a lucrative contract extension, it appears that perennial Pro Bowl running back Maurice Jones-Drew is ready to be traded and end his stint with the team.
With other premier running backs Ray Rice (Baltimore Ravens), LeSean McCoy (Philadelphia Eagles), Chris Johnson (Tennessee Titans), Arian Foster (Houston Texans) and Marshawn Lynch (Seattle Seahawks) inked new deals, the next in line was without a doubt thought to be Jones-Drew.
Despite injury problems throughout the years, Jones-Drew has been a solid contributor for the Jaguars and arguably the team’s best player ever since being drafted by Jacksonville out of UCLA. Unfortunately, the Jaguars are unwilling to budge on a new deal for Jones-Drew at this point in time as they continue to refuse to pay him the money he deserves.
Obviously, with the start of the NFL regular season right around the corner and no progress on contract talks, the next step is a trade. Apparently, Jones-Drew is more than willing to be traded and not many can blame him considering the situation with a team that appears to be going nowhere with or without him coming out of the backfield.
Now the ball will be in the Jaguars’ court as the front office must decide whether or not to trade or agree to an extension with their star player before this holdout continues into Week 1 of the regular season.
There’s no question that Jones-Drew has earned the right to a new contract with the numbers he’s put up over the last few years, but it remains uncertain whether or not the team will budge on their stance with the perennial Pro Bowler.
It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out with the disgruntled star running back and struggling NFL franchise failing to see eye-to-eye.
- NFL Trades: Jacksonville Jaguars have no interest in trading Maurice Jones-Drew
- NFL Trade Rumors: Jacksonville Jaguars Maurice Jones-Drew for New York Jets Tim Tebow
- NFL Week 14: Oakland Raiders vs Jacksonville Jaguars Sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 15: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Indianapolis Colts sportsbook odds and predictions
- Is John Henderson Leaving the Jaguars?
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...