After multiple firing and plenty of rumors circulating around the NFL about the future of the team, the Indianapolis Colts have found a replacement for Jim Caldwell by hiring former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano as the new head coach. This was an interesting move by the Colts and owner Jim Irsay as it shows that this team’s intends to improve on the defensive side of the football.
This move to hire Pagano will have made Pro Bowlers Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis happy campers as they will finally have a chance to be a dominant defense. Peyton Manning on the other hand will still be scratching his head about his future in Indianapolis as there is still no indication whether or not the Colts intend on paying the $28 million dollar bonus to the four-time NFL MVP quarterback.
Along with being the Baltimore Ravens’ defensive coordinator, Chuck Pagano has also made stops with the Oakland Raiders and the Cleveland Browns in the NFL and with Miami and North Carolina on the collegiate level. Even though Pagano is no stranger to being on the sidelines in the NFL, this will be his first time as an NFL head coach.
Now that the vacant head coaching job has been filled, the attention in Indianapolis will turn to the 2012 NFL draft and superstar quarterback Peyton Manning. As of right now, the consensus is that the Colts will draft Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the number one overall pick and could either cut or trade long-time starting quarterback Peyton Manning.
It will be interesting to see what the next move will be by Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay. With the owner being unafraid of making changes, anything could happen from here on out and trading Peyton Manning isn’t out of the question.
- Indianapolis Colts fire head coach Jim Caldwell after 2-14 season
- Will the Indianapolis Colts pay Peyton Manning his upcoming $28 Million payday or is he heading for the trading block?
- NFL Playoffs: Indianapolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens
- NFL Week 11: Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots
- Latest rumors are that the Indianapolis Colts could use Brett Favre short term
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...