This season the Houston Texans finally look like they will be able to make the next step as they are on the verge of making the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. Not only are the Texans almost certainly playoff bound at this point in the NFL regular season, but they will also win the AFC South division title for the first time as well.
Despite this team being on the rise and on the verge of a playoff run, the Houston Texans suffered a major blow in Week 10 when star quarterback Matt Schaub went down with a foot injury. The injury didn’t seem to be serious at first, but once it was checked out the Texans announced that their starting quarterback was officially out for the season.
This injury couldn’t have come at a worse time for the Houston Texans with this team finally seeing some success with a 7-3 record and a first place standing in the AFC South. Even without Schaub from here on out, the Texans should win the division title, but the offense might not be as potent as it once was in the passing game with Schaub under center.
Former Heisman trophy winner and BCS champion Matt Leinart will take over for Matt Schaub from here on out. This move will almost certainly be the last chance for Leinart in the NFL as he hasn’t exactly panned out as the kind of player many thought he would be coming out of USC.
With all the offensive weapons around him in Houston like All-Pro running back Arian Foster and perennial Pro Bowl wide receiver Andre Johnson, Matt Leinart should be able to continue to get this offense firing on all cylinders, but if he starts to struggle the Texans might give rookie backup quarterback T.J. Yates a shot.
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...