The one team in the NFL that has been talked about more than any other during the offseason has been the New Orleans Saints. After the bounty program was discovered, the Saints franchise went from being a perennial Super Bowl title contender to a team doomed to fall off the map. With head coach Sean Payton suspended for the entire 2012 season and four defensive players also given the same treatment by the league, New Orleans will have a tough year ahead with uncertainty surrounding the future of the franchise.
As if all the problems that followed after the bounty program wasn’t bad enough for the franchise in New Orleans, the Saints haven’t been making things easier on them with failed contract talks with superstar quarterback Drew Brees. With Brees coming off arguably his most successful season since joining the Saints, the one-time Super Bowl champion’s value is through the roof and is due a big payday with long-term security in the Big Easy.
Unfortunately, Brees and the Saints haven’t been able to see eye-to-eye on a long-term contract. The negotiations between the two sides have gotten so bad over the last few months that Brees has said that he is extremely frustrated with the process.
With everything going wrong in the Big Easy over the past few months, the consensus around the league is that Brees might be headed elsewhere. There’s no question that Brees would love to stay and finish his career in New Orleans, but if the Saints can agree upon a contract that makes sense to the elite quarterback, there will be another team that’ll be more than willing to sign the gunslinger to long-term deal and make him a rich man.
Whether or not the Saints can ultimately come to an agreeable deal with Brees remains to be seen, but with everything that has gone wrong in New Orleans it won’t be a surprise to see him leave the Big Easy.
- New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton suspended for 2012 season for bounty hunt
- Drew Brees still far apart with New Orleans Saints on new contract
- New Orleans Saints Sign Sean Payton To Five-Year Deal
- Drew Brees and New Orleans Saints still far apart on new contract
- Could Drew Brees sign with a team other than the New Orleans Saints?
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...