As the most promising young team in the league to start the season, the Detroit Lions haven’t disappointed with five wins in the first seven games of the year. Despite going 5-0 to start the season, the Lions have dropped their last two games to the San Francisco 49ers (25-19) and the Atlanta Falcons (23-16) and are in desperate need of a win to get back on track.
In Week 8, the Detroit Lions will head to the Mile High City to take on Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos. This game is considered to be a matchup in which the Lions should dominate, but there is one big problem as quarterback Matthew Stafford is dealing with an ankle injury that he suffered in the loss to the Falcons last week.
One of the main reasons for the success of the Detroit Lions this season has been that the franchise has finally gotten Matthew Stafford healthy and playing up to his potential. Ever since the Lions drafted Stafford, the franchise quarterback hasn’t been able to play an entire season and that has hindered the team progress.
Fortunately, Stafford’s ankle injury hasn’t been as bad as the team thought with the quarterback taking first team snaps in Thursday’s practice. Backup quarterback Shaun Hill will get the start if Matthew Stafford’s ankle has a setback in the next two days, but right now it looks like Stafford will be under center this Sunday in the Mile High City.
This is great news for the Detroit Lions as they have only been favored by -3 to get the best of the 2-4 Denver Broncos. With a healthy Stafford, the Lions should make easy work of the lowly Broncos and get their sixth win of the season.
- John Fox will stick with Tim Tebow for Week 9 as they battle the Oakland Raiders
- Detroit Lions Begin Contract Extension Talks For Matthew Stafford
- NFL Week 6: Detroit Lions vs New York Giants Sportsbook odds and predictions
- Detroit Lions start season with 3-0 record for first time since 1980
- NFL Week 4: Detroit Lions vs Green Bay Packers sportsbooks odds and predictions
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...