Once the Philadelphia Eagles finally decided to trade six-time Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb, it was the beginning of the end for arguably one of the league’s best gunslingers. Even though McNabb wasn’t showing a serious decline in skills or signs of age, the Eagles were going in a different direction with youngster Kevin Kobb and the newly acquired Michael Vick.
As a result, the Eagles seemed to have made a brilliant move as McNabb was never the same after leaving Philly to join the division rival Washington Redskins. While in the nation’s capital, McNabb bumped heads with two-time Super Bowl champion head coach Mike Shanahan on more than one occasion and ultimately ended up being resorted to a backup role. With McNabb not exactly loving his new role on the Redskins, the next stop was with the Minnesota Vikings.
Despite appearing to be a smart move by both the Redskins and McNabb, the perennial Pro Bowler continued his decline and was considered to be a nothing more than a backup for the rest of his days in the NFL.
With no one taking a chance on McNabb after being let go by the Vikings, the quarterback that once led the Eagles to NFC Championship games on annual basis was unemployed with no teams in the league willing to take a chance on him.
Now that McNabb has been humbled by the lack of interest over the past year, the former Eagles quarterback is ready to prove that he has something left in the tank. Apparently, McNabb has been working out and getting in shape in order to make a comeback like veteran wide receiver Randy Moss has done with the San Francisco 49ers.
It remains to be seen how many teams will show interest in the veteran quarterback, but he seems willing to take any opportunity at this point.
- Minnesota Vikings are interested in trading for Donovan McNabb
- Donovan McNabb gets benched in favor of Christian Ponder in Minnesota
- Recent rumors have Brett Favre giving it one more shot in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles?
- NFL Week 12: Minnesota Vikings vs Washington Redskins Sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Week 4: Washington Redskins vs Philadelphia Eagles Sportsbook odds and predictions
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...