The Pittsburgh Steelers have been one of the most successful teams in the NFL for quite some time now, but they ever since they drafted versatile quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, this team has always had a shot at making it all the way to the Super Bowl every single season.
Coming into these NFL playoffs, the Pittsburgh Steelers had won the AFC North division title and clinched a first-round bye, but they had to face the division rival Baltimore Ravens in their first playoff game. Even though the Steelers were considered to be amongst the best teams in the league, they had their hands full against the Ravens.
Despite the Ravens giving Big Ben and company a run for their money, the Steelers were able to advance to the AFC Championship game for the second time in three years.
In order to win the AFC Conference crown once again, Mike Tomlin’s squad had to get through Rex Ryan’s New York Jets. With a lockdown defense of their own and a vastly improved offense, the Jets were considered a legitimate threat to get past the Steelers, especially since the Jets beat them at Heinz Field just a few weeks ago.
Unfortunately for the Jets, the Steelers came to play this past Sunday and got out to a 24-3 lead heading into halftime. The game was basically considered to be over coming into the second half, but Mark Sanchez and company started to turn it on offensively and cut the lead to 24-19. This was a pretty exciting weekend for NFL football betting.
Even though the Jets gave it a valiant effort in the second half and threatened to win this football game with an incredible comeback, the Steelers were able to hold the New York hold late in the fourth quarter and get the win to advance to Super Bowl XLV.
- NFL Playoffs: New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Championship Game
- NFL Week 15: New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers sportsbook odds and predictions
- NFL Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens face Pittsburgh Steelers in AFC Division
- Divisional Playoffs set up two big rivalry games in AFC Conference
- NFL Week 9: Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...