The 2010 World Cup in South Africa has been entertaining to say the least as we have seen epic battles between some of the best international teams the world has to offer, but like every tournament, there has to be a winner and after today there are only three teams left in the running for the World Cup trophy.
Coming into today’s semifinal match, Uruguay were thought to be big underdogs as they were going up against a Netherlands team that just knocked off a very talented Brazilian squad.
Despite being the underdog heading into this match, the Uruguayans were giving the Dutch all they could handle in this match as Diego Forlan led the charge with yet another goal for his country. Along with Forlan, Maxi Pereira was able to keep the team in the match with a goal in the 90th minute.
Unfortunately, Pereira’s goal was not enough to hold off the Netherlands as they lit up the Uruguayan defense for three goals from Giovanni Van Bronckhurst (18’), Wesley Snejder(70’), and Arjen Robben (73’).
So even though Uruguay defied all odds throughout the entire tournament, they just came one goal shy of taking this game into extra time and possibly another penalty shootout.
Now the Oranje will head into the World Cup Final against either Spain or Germany which will be determined on Wednesday. There is still plenty of time to get in on the action as the online sportsbooks settle the odds.
Even though the Netherlands have played brilliantly up to this point, winning all five of their matches so far, they will have their work cut out for them no matter who they face in the World Cup Final as Spain and Germany have both been dominant forces in this 2010 World Cup.
Personally, I believe that the Dutch will give whoever they face a run for their money in the World Cup Final, but I can’t see them taking down a strong Spanish side or a German team seemingly on a mission.
- Netherlands, Spain Defeat Uruguay, Germany to Advance to 2010 World Cup Final
- Spain advance to their first World Cup Final
- World Cup 2010 Odds and Predictions Alert: Uruguay vs Germany
- 2010 World Cup: The Netherlands and Uruguay Advance to Semi Finals
- Germany, Spain Defeat Argentina, Paraguay to Advance to 2010 World Cup Semi Finals
One Response to “Netherlands beat Uruguay and advance to World Cup Final”
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...