Back in his days with the USC Trojans, former Heisman trophy winner Matt Leinart was considered to be one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all-time and a future Pro Bowler in the NFL. Even though Leinart was given a lot of hype out of USC and rightfully so, the promising young quarterback hasn’t been able to transcend his game on the professional level and therefore considered a bust.
Giving Leinart the benefit of the doubt, the promising young quarterback was drafted to a team with a future Hall of Famer under center in Kurt Warner. With Warner showing that he could still lead an NFL team to victory, the Arizona Cardinals kept him under center and Matt Leinart on the shelf in his first few years in the league.
Once Kurt Warner called it quits before last season, Matt Leinart was the next in line and many people thought it would be his time to shine. Unfortunately, the complete opposite happened as Leinart didn’t like his role with the team and was quickly released.
As a result, the quarterback position in Arizona took a steady decline and was never the same without Kurt Warner. Fortunately for Leinart, the former Heisman winner was picked up by the Houston Texans to play backup for Matt Schaub.
Now that Matt Leinart is a free agent once again, the debate over which team will take a chance on the USC legend remains to be seen, but an interesting move would be former USC head coach Pete Carroll bringing in his former quarterback.
It is no secret that the quarterback position in Seattle is on shaky ground as Matt Hasselback isn’t exactly what he used to be and isn’t getting any younger. With that being said, the Seahawks might look to bring in some new blood and Leinart could be the perfect fit.
- Former Cardinals’ Matt Leinart Joins Houston Texans
- Derek Anderson will get the start against Chicago Bears
- Texans Matt Leinart could be out for the season with collarbone injury
- Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub out for the season with foot injury
- NFL Week 2: Arizona Cardinals vs Atlanta Falcons odds and Predictions
Leave a Reply
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Denver Nuggets Part Ways with Head Coach George Karl
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...