The biggest news to rock the boxing world recently was Timothy Bradley upsetting Manny Pacquiao last weekend with a split decision that leaned in the up-and-comer’s favor. This upset instantly sent shockwaves throughout the boxing world with talks of the fight’s outcome being rigged by the judges in order to setup a rematch between the two fighters while undefeated champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. serves a three-month sentence in a Las Vegas jail cell.
With the controversy still brewing about the outcome of the Bradley-Pacquiao fight, intriguing news has also surfaced that is almost directly related to the recent fight in Las Vegas. Apparently, Mayweather’s lawyers are claiming that the undefeated boxer’s career may be over if he isn’t able to serve the rest of his sentence under house arrest.
Reportedly, the lawyers are saying that Mayweather can’t keep his body in the best condition possible in his current situation. With that being said, it threatens the champion’s career moving forward as he has been restricted from working out during his sentence.
Obviously, this is just a sneaky tactic in order to keep Mayweather out of prison and confined to his mansion in Las Vegas. Mayweather’s lawyers has filed an emergency motion in order to put Mayweather under house arrest in which he can continue to work out and savior what’s left of his Hall of Fame-caliber boxing career.
With Pacquiao’s recent loss to Bradley, things will get that much more intriguing from here on out for all three boxers as a fight pitting Mayweather against either one of these boxers may be in the works once his prison term is up.
It’ll be interesting to see whether or not this motion is granted and if a rematch between Bradley and Pacquiao is scheduled in the meantime.
- None Found
One Response to “Floyd Mayweather Jr May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”
Leave a Reply
- NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat Game 6
- Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics Close to Pulling Off Blockbuster Trade
- Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant Wants to Play At Least Two More Seasons
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Listed as Day-to-Day With Hamstring Strain
- Mike Wallace Turned Down $76 Million Offer from Minnesota Vikings
- Doc Rivers Expresses Interest In Joining Los Angeles Clippers
- Texans’ Ed Reed Says Tom Brady Slide Forced Hip Surgery
- Indianapolis Colts Agree To Terms With RB Ahmad Bradshaw
- Is Tim Tebow a contender for the backup QB role for the New England Patriots?
- Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd Frontrunner for Brooklyn Nets Coaching Job
- Adam: I agree with anyone that Lebron cannot be compared to Michael Jordan but when someone says he has not reached...
- a.rey: I appreciate your opinion, but I’m guessing you’ve never been to Virginia Beach. All you really...
- Matt: What rumor?? This is wild speculation on your part. Is there a source that has suggested this?
- Joe: Whoever wrote this isn’t very knowledgable. First off it’s Hasselbeck not Hasselback and he wanted...
- Ramon: The magic is got to do what is best for the magic.why should they care about were Howard wants to be,because...
- chase: We DO NOT want him back here in Memphis! We rode that ship for a long time and it has sailed long ago. We love...
- mathew: i hope he goes to rockets!
- May: How dare you label state this article as: “May be Forced to Retire if Not Granted House Arrest”. It...